Sunday, 19 April 2015

18 Things I Love


In honor of Archie's 18th birthday (go Archie!) here are 18 things I love about my horse.

1. I love that he's a total cuddlebug.


2. I love that he is just a sweet, gentle soul, who is basically a Black Lab.

3. But I love that he can be a sassy beyatch, too, when he feels like it.

4. I love that he will take some really terrifying distances and somehow save both our lives.
Dear mom If I were any closer to this jump I would literally be in it. xoxo Riley

5. I love that can pretend to be a hunter sometimes...

6. But that, at heart, he LOVES the jumper ring more than anything.

7. I love the fact that I know him better than he knows himself sometimes, and can read his moods pretty easily.

8. I love that, even though he HATES hacking and likes to tell me about that frequently, he still tries. Although he would REALLY RATHER NOT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

9. I love that he loves to go horse showing.

10. I would be lying if I said I didn't love that he's one good-looking horse.
Helllooooooo ladiezzzz

11. I love that he's a curious little monkey, and is more apt to sidle over and inspect something than freak out about it. Unless we're hacking, of course.


12. I love his quirky and funny personality which is sometimes larger than life. I swear he is more human than horse. He constantly makes me laugh and love him even more.


13. I love that he lets me ride around bareback: from our first time when I nearly slithered off at the walk, to now, when we can do canter halfpasses.

14. I love that he trusts me and seems to care about me and my presence, and lets me do things like lay on him while he's sleeping.

15. I love that he's basically just a giant pony.

16. I love that he lets me practice on him and doesn't kill me for it... most of the time.

17. I love that he let me jump 1.40m on him... several times... and didn't say "OMG WHAT? NO!"

18. But mostly?
I just love how happy he makes me.
<3

This post is especially appropriate to write now, since doing this makes me feel happiness.

For those of you who are religious, please pray for my grandfather, who is currently in the hospital and will pass away at any moment.  For those of you not religious, your thoughts are appreciated. We wish to encourage him on his journey to pass over, as he is in a great deal of pain.  

I have been at the hospital since Wednesday night, and will be here til the bitter end.  So probably not many updates from me for awhile.













5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather :( I'll keep you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you some positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Riley is an awesome companion *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post about Riley. and very sorry to hear about your grandfather. you and your family are in my thoughts :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((Hugs))) My fiancé is going through the same thing with both his grandpa and cousin.

    ReplyDelete