2. What is your favorite aspect of your discipline? I love the technical aspect of it and the course design. I enjoy thinking about ways of jumping the course the most efficiently, what I need to do for my horse, and what will set us up for the most success. I enjoy that the sport is never easy, and that it continues challenging me every day.
3. What pet peeves do you have concerning your discipline? The money aspect of it. The horses keep getting more and more and more expensive, and it's pricing people out. It's not even a middle class opportunity anymore, at the higher levels anyway - the cost is just too high. I think that really sucks, because you have talented and motivated people who just don't have the big $$$ to put into it, and you eventually lose them because they're depressed af or they go do another discipline or they just stay at the lower levels forever.
4. Do you do barn chores? I'll help out if I'm around. Sweeping and feeding and helping with turnout and stuff. Nothing too intense! I also take care of the horses I ride, and maintain them a bit with mane/tail/whisker trims and bathing and leg washing and such. I enjoy it.
5. What is your least favorite barn chore? That I actually do? Leg washing. I just don't like doing it for some reason! In general though I am not a huge fan of mucking stalls. I think I did too much of it in a previous life!
6. What do you consider the worst vice in a horse? Rearing tops the list.
7. What saddle brand is your favorite? Butet. I own one and have never loved a saddle more!
8. Do you ride with a quarter sheet in the winter? I usually start my ride with one, and wander around at the walk, but take it off before we start working. My barn is very warm and the arena is heated so it just isn't necessary. If we go outside, I'll put it on and leave it!
9. Does your horse wear boots? What kind? He does, every ride because I'm paranoid! For schooling he wears fuzzy front Eskadrons and fuzzy Valena hind boots. Occasionally cheapy bell boots too. When we show he wears Equifit T-boots in front and behind. I think I may upgrade to Veredus for the next horse though, since Trainer hates the Equifit boots. (wah.)
10. Full seat or knee patch breeches? Knee patch! I'm a jumper, after all. The one time I tried on a pair of full seat they felt quite interesting! I would think the stick is much better.