Sunday, 19 October 2014

Blog Hop: That One Thing

I promise, one of these days I'll stop being so sporadic. I have some cool ideas for blog posts, just not a lot of free time at the moment!

Anyway, I fell across this blog hop the other day, and it looked like a lot of fun. I'm a bit of a tack ho, so this is definitely one for me...


First, I wanna know: what is the ONE piece of tack (or clothing) that you simply cannot live without? Put function aside for a moment and try to decide which piece of your tack ho collection is your favorite. It can be anything for you, or for your horse. 

Because I'm completely incapable of doing just one thing, I will give two answers here.

The first is my totally amazing saddle. I got a stunning, new custom Butet that arrived in May of this year, and it's my favorite saddle of all time.  The balance is exquisite, my leg improves just by sitting in it, the leather is divine, and my butt is happy.  I'm convinced my position improved tenfold just by having this beautiful piece of equipment. It will be pried from my cold, dead hands.

I consider this a "necessity" item... within reason. Obviously, I could have purchased something less expensive, but on the other hand, you have to have a saddle to ride.

precioussssssssssss

The second is what I would consider a totally frivolous item, particularly since I had perfectly nice stirrup irons leading up to this.  But about three seasons ago I became more than mildly obsessed with the Wildkart Jin stirrups.  I honestly don't care that they're a wide footbed, though over time I've come to rather appreciate that about them. I just like how they look, and the look on a rider's foot.  So sexy. (I don't know. It just is.)  I am basically obsessed with them and admire my foot in the stirrup every day. (Yes. It's very vain of me. I DON'T CARE.)

An extremely attractive display on top of the barn's washing machine...
They should pay me for this stuff, really.

precious all dressed up

Second, I'd like to know what you're currently saving up for or lusting after. Basically, what item do you have your eyes set on right now? If someone handed you enough money, what would be the first thing to buy on your list? 

Ugh. Where do I start.  
I've been lusting after a pair of Parlantis for a long time, but my goodness they are expensive and I really just cannot justify it... yet.

SO PRETTY

Also these Tailored Sportsmans in this color, which is Ivy.

STOP BEING SO BEAUTIFUL

And last but not least, a Back on Track blanket for Pony. But I refuse to buy one because *fingers crossed* someday my dressage horse will sell and I'll get a new creature and it seems silly to buy a BoT blanket for a horse I might not have much longer.

So naiiiiiice



10 comments:

  1. Love your answers!
    Happy shopping when you get your splurging tickets (aka monies)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed my lotto win comes in soon! ;)

      Delete
  2. I lust after those Jin stirrups daily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me for a year... At that point I had to bite the expensive bullet and just do it! I admire them quite literally every day so I think it was worth it! And you have to have stirrup irons to ride.... right.........

      Delete
  3. I got my BoT blanket on sale, and it was huge but I use it like a scrim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!! They've been on sale here a lot, but ugh the perils of switching horses... As a scrim, that's interesting! Do you just stick it on Ramone before/after you school for a bit? Everyone at my barn seems to use them in winter, I swear 3/4 of the barn has them now!

      Delete
  4. So many pretty things! You have excellent taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I like to think so lol.

      Delete